Long Island Carpet Recycling's cost-effective and environmentally friendly recycling service helps put people to work.
In these tough economic times, every opportunity to create employment and help the environment is important for businesses everywhere. Instead of throwing away used carpet, recycle it. Thiskeeps it out of the landfill, puts people to work, and generates revenue for your business. Green jobs are the future and we can all do our part.
Most carpet is made from oil. Over 3.5% of all waste disposed in U.S. landfills is carpet. And because carpet does not biodegrade, it will stay in landfills for generations. Carpet recycling reuses the 9 million barrels of oil wasted when carpet is disposed in landfills.
With our wide service offering and fast, friendly customer service, Long Island Carpet Recycling is deeply committed to reducing landfill, recycling valuable material back into the manufacturing stream, and putting people to work.
Call or email us today to reduce your carpet waste.
Email: [email protected]
Property Damage & Disaster Restoration Blog: Long Island & New York City
region for today (Wednesday, June 20, 2012).
Here are several simple steps to take today to prevent pollution:
- Combine errands into a single trip.
- Postpone unnecessary trips.
- Take the subway, bus or train instead of driving.
- Avoid letting your vehicle idle, such as at the drive-thru.
- Forward this message to family and friends.
The New York State Department of Transportation has declared that today, Wednesday, June 20, 2012, is an Air Quality Action Day in the downstate metro area due to forecasted high levels of ground-level ozone pollution in parts of the region (please visit the Clean Air NY Web site for more information http://www.cleanairny.org/LocalAirQuality/Default.aspx). While tomorrow is still a day when people can go about most of their normal activities, such as going to work, driving may be one of the most polluting activities that people do tomorrow, and we encourage everyone to leave their cars at home if possible.
Ground-level ozone is a respiratory irritant that can trigger asthma attacks and aggravate emphysema, bronchitis and other respiratory ailments. Children, people with pre-existing respiratory or heart conditions, people doing strenuous outdoor work or exercise and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to the effects of ozone.
To learn more about improving air quality or if you were forwarded this message and want us to send updates to your own e-mail address, visitCleanAirNY.org.
Clean Air NY is sponsored by the New York State Department of Transportation in support of regionwide air-quality efforts.
You received this update because you provided your contact information to Clean Air NY. To ensure the delivery of these Bulletins, please be sure to add[email protected] to your e-mail address book or safe list.CleanAirNY.org
Clean Air NYc/o ICF International40 Wall Street34th FloorNew York, NY 10005[email protected]
The FEMA App contains preparedness information for different types of disasters, an interactive checklist for emergency kits, a section to plan emergency meeting locations, information on how to stay safe and recover after a disaster, a map with FEMA Disaster Recovery Center locations (one-stop centers where disaster survivors can access key relie
Click on the FEMA logo to download the FEMA app for Android. Available on Apple's iOS too.
What's Your App?
The Mobile App Revolution Is Here...
But it always seems that the Insurance Industry is always slightly behind the curve when it comes to technology.
Even though its still very early, the mobile app market is starting to revolutionize the way insureds communicate with their insurance company and/or insurance agent.
Mobile Apps are also starting to compliment the jobs of insurance carriers, insurance adjusters, insurance agents and the companies that service the Insurance Industry here on Long Island and throughout New York. .
We have found a few mobile apps that we would like to share with you that we feel might be of interest to the Long Island Insurance Community.
Specifically for the Property & Casualty Sector...
With Pocket Agent, you can find an agent, report an insurance claim, do your banking, get roadside assistance and much much more...
What comes from having a good neighbor right in your pocket?
Convenience at your fingertips.
Now State Farm services and unique mobile features are closer than ever and there to help you in any and every way possible.
With Pocket Agent®, our free Android app, you can find an agent, report a claim, make a bank deposit, do your banking, get roadside help and a whole lot more! Now whenever and wherever you need us, State Farm is there for you.
Some of the Pocket Agent® features are only accessible to registered statefarm.com® users.
- Pay Insurance Premium – Have a mobile lifestyle? Pay my Premium now gives you an easy way to pay your State Farm® insurance premium using Pocket Agent® for Android.
- Claims Center – Document a claims checklist with the push of a button. Registered users can submit a claim and check claim status.
- Bills & Payments – Convenient way to pay your insurance premium and/or bank bills.
- Take and submit pictures using your camera and record accident details and vehicle damage.
- My Insurance Card** – Can’t find your insurance card? Now your policy information is at your fingertips!
- Check the balances of State Farm Bank® and Mutual Fund accounts.
- My Agent – Contact your State Farm agent or find one close-by.
- On The Road – Search for tow trucks, taxis, locksmiths, and rental cars by current location or zip code.
- Locate a State Farm® Select Service® Repair Facility*.
- Search for State Farm agents by current location or zip code.
- Other claimants and other vehicles – This feature adds sections on the claim form for the other parties involved in the accident, including name, insurance information and vehicle information.
- Describe the Scene – This feature allows users the ability to make free-form notes in addition to filling out the claim form information.
- Password Reset – Users can reset their State Farm password on their mobile device.
- MyTime Deposit® - Making a deposit to your State Farm Bank® account is as easy as point-and-shoot. Just endorse the check, enter the amount, and take its picture. (Compatible with Android OS 2.1 and above)
- View State Farm Bank Deposit and Credit Card transaction history.