Another wet weekend in New York and water is seeping into your basement! Heavy rain is just one way you may get wet when you least expect it.
Water damage arises from fire damage, broken pipes, blocked drains, malfunctioning appliances, storms and other causes. The appropriate treatment on the nature of the damage. Some water carries contaminents and should be considered hazardous.
Whatever the origin, the prospects for restoration depend largely on the speed with which your building/home and personal property can be dried. Even clean water can generate mildew and other bacterial growth if neglected.
Some "to do" tips to help you after water damage occurs:
- Ensure you ventilate wet areas. Turn on air conditioning for accelerated drying in summer (if there is no visible mold)); in winter, alternate cycles of opened windows and heating.
- Remove standing water from flat surfaces by sponging and blotting.
- Take up saturated rugs and carpets when hardwood floors are at risk.
- Stay out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Remove lamps, telephones and decorative items from wet furniture tops.
- Open drawers and cabinet doors for interior drying, but do not force stuck drawers or doors.
- Place aluminum foil squares, china saucers or wood blocks under furniture legs to avoid carpet staining.
- As soon as possible, call a professional water damage specialist for emergency drying.
- Operate televisions, vacuums, computers or other electrical appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors, especially wet concrete floors. Serious injury may result.
- Use heat to dry closed building interiors, mildew and expanded moisture may result.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; space them apart and dry as soon as possible.
24/7 Emergency Service
Advanced Restoration staff is On-Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to your water damage/flood situation. We understand that the sudden intrusion of water is not something that anyone can be totally prepared for. You will always talk to one of our knowledgeable, caring team members, day or night. If we are unable to assist you, we will offer you our best professional advice. At Advanced Restoration, we pride ourselves on immediate response to all types of water damage situations.
Advanced Restoration Corporation is a family-owned and operated full-service property damage restoration company with a combined 75 years experience in dealing with Fire Damage Restoration, Water Damage Restoration, Flood & Storm Damage, Mold Remediation, Smoke Damage Restoration and Reconstruction. We service Long Island (Nassau County, NY; Suffolk County, NY) and the New York Metro area.
When disasters strike, Advanced Restoration is ready to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are guaranteed to speak with one of our knowledgeable, caring team members, day or night. Our immediate response to a claim/property loss helps minimize the damages to the structure, contents, and ease the sometime catastrophic effect that a disaster may have on an owner or occupants.